Friday 14 June 2013

And the Result is Out!

It was 1 a.m. and the phone started ringing. The other voice said to me, "All clear or not?". I was too afraid of the result and I responded," I don't know". He said give me your enrollment no. and I said wait I will check out and call you back in a minute. I log into the site. I was all clear and happiness started pouring out into the veins from my heart. The next day I went to college, I saw colleagues discussing about their result. Everyone was celebrating or mourning over the result. Some believed they hoped for better while other were happy because they were all clear. But I was in a firm tension. I always give priority to damn things in my life like making parents comfortable, giving sibling a laugh a day, reading magazines and improving the life of the related ones. But people don't care about it. They don't care for your love on the latest gadgets in the market neither they think its important. They care for MARKS and MARKS. A student has frustration for marks as he might be labelled as a non performer and unsuccessful. The society prejudice you based on your marks. For them your scorecard is more than enough. They might have never heard the great stories of successful dropout like Steve Jobs, Billgates, Sir Richard Branson and Mark Zuckenberg to name a few. But they forget on thing.What will be their cry even if their child tops in a university and leaves them for his personal agenda and growth. What if the child grows into powerful person and calls just to say "Sorry, but I don't have anytime to waste on you?". So start giving him space even if he scores less. Start motivating and let master him in his area of interest even if it results him earning less income. Initiate him being a less egoistic and make him a responsible and respected citizen of the society.

No comments:

Post a Comment